The AWS Certified Developer examination is intended for individuals who perform a develop role and have one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS based application.
It validates an examinee’s ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
Recommended AWS Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services
- Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Ability to use or interact with AWS services
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices (e.g., not using secret and access keys in the code, instead using IAM roles)
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
- Understanding of the use of containers in the development process
- AWS Developer Forum
- AWS Developer Study Group
- Developing on AWS: A 3-day classroom training course
- AWS Digital Training: Application Services, Developer Tools, and other services covered on the exam
- AWS Security Best Practices whitepaper, August 2016
- AWS Well-Architected Framework whitepaper, November 2017
- Architecting for the Cloud AWS Best Practices whitepaper, February, 2016
- Practicing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on AWS Accelerating Software Delivery with DevOps whitepaper, June 2017
- Microservices on AWS whitepaper, September 2017
- Serverless Architectures with AWS Lambda whitepaper, November 2017
- Optimizing Enterprise Economics with Serverless Architectures whitepaper, October 2017
- Running Containerized Microservices on AWS whitepaper, November 2017
Ready to get started? YES!