The AWS Certified Security Specialty allows experienced cloud security professionals to demonstrate and validate their knowledge of how to secure the AWS platform.
It validates an examinee’s ability to demonstrate:
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms.
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment.
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features.
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements.
- An understanding of security operations and risk.
Recommended AWS Knowledge
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions.
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
- Security controls for workloads on AWS.
- Format: Multiple choice, multiple answer
- Length: 170 minutes, 65 questions
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Registration Fee: 300 USD
We have training and other resources to help you prepare for the exam:
- AWS Security Forum
- AWS Security Study Group
- Advanced Architecting on AWS classroom training
- Security Engineering on AWS classroom training
- AWS Digital Training focused on security services and topics, including:
- AWS Security Fundamentals
- Authentication and Authorization with AWS Identity and Access Management
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Well-Architected Training