The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner examination is intended for individuals who have the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively demonstrate an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles addressed by other AWS Certifications (for example, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate).
An AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is a recommended path to achieving Specialty certification or an optional start toward Associate certification.
This exam validates an examinee’s ability to:
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases (for example, compute and analytics)
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (for example, whitepapers or support tickets)
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
Recommended AWS Knowledge:
We recommend candidates have at least six (6) months of experience with the AWS Cloud in any role, including technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial.
Recommended General IT Knowledge:
Candidates should have a basic understanding of IT services and their uses in the AWS Cloud platform.
These training courses and materials may be helpful for examination preparation:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Forum
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Study Group
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials
- AWS Technical Essentials
- AWS Business Essentials
- Overview of Amazon Web Services whitepaper, April 2017
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices whitepaper, February 2016
- How AWS Pricing Works whitepaper, March 2016
- The Total Cost of (Non) Ownership of Web Applications in the Cloud whitepaper, August 2012
- Compare AWS Support Plans webpage
READY to GET STARTED? YES!