The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role. This exam validates an examinee’s ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies.
It validates an examinee’s ability to:
- Define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements.
- Provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project.
Eligible candidates for this exam have:
- One year of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS
- Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services
- Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement
- Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- An understanding of the basic architectural principles of building on the AWS Cloud
- An understanding of the AWS global infrastructure
- An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
- An understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services
- Multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions
- 130 minutes to complete the exam
- Exam available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
- Practice exam registration fee is 20 USD
- Exam registration fee is 150 USD
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Forum
- AWS Solutions Architect Study Group
- Recommend taking Architecting on AWS
- Click here to take the Exam Readiness course
- Click here to take the practice exam
READY to GET STARTED? YES!