August 28, 2018 at 8:01 pm #100070446
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
WS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Exam (Released February 2018) is the updated version of AWS Certified Solution Architect- Associate. The original exam was launched four years ago and will remain available only for the six months after the releasing of the updated version, until 12<sup>th</sup> August 2018.
The updated version is designed for those candidates who accomplish a role of solution architect and also, have the necessary skills to demonstrate the knowledge of designing AWS distributed system.
This exam demonstrates an examinee’s ability of:
- Validating the knowledge of deploying and architecting robust and secure applications built on AWS platform.
- Describing the best solution using design principles of architectural on the basis of customer requirements
- Providing guidance of implementation on the basis of best actions during the project life-cycle.
Why Take AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (Released February 2018)?
Certified Solution Architects are in great demand in the IT job market. So, it is highly recommended to take AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (Released February 2018) examination to give your career a boost. This certification not only provides your more chances for career growth but help you get a better salary. This certification reflects the pillars of the Well-Architected program. Some of the reasons why one should go for this exam are:
- To improve and stretch your understanding of AWS platform
- To earn the status of Certified Solutions Architect
- To add a credential to your resume
- To demonstrate one’s knowledge of architecting AWS applications
- To gain a global recognition for your skills
- To get a hike in your current salary
- To gain more and better job opportunities
Exam Overview of AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Requirements for the Exam:
The candidate needs to fulfill following criteria to take the New Version of AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam –
- At least one year experience of designing available, scalable, and fault-tolerant cost-efficient systems based on AWS platform
- Significant experience in managing and deploying AWS services
- Capability to identify requirements for the application to be built on AWS platform
- Significant knowledge of best practices to build reliable and secure AWS applications
- Basic understanding of global AWS infrastructure and tools & security features of AWS
- Experience of networking, compute, database, and storage services on AWS platform
- Ability to find and describe technical needs for AWS applications
- Knowledge of the network technologies related to AWS
Total Questions in Exam: 65
Exam Duration: 130 Minutes
Exam Fee: 150 USD
Exam Pattern: There are two types of questions in the exam.
- Multiple Choice Questions: Have one correct option and three incorrect options called distracters
- Multiple Response Questions: Have more than one correct options out of five options
Passing Score: 72%
Exam Language: English
Renewal: After every 2 years
Official Preparation Resources for the New Version of AWS Certified Solutions Architect – AssociateExam
AWS recommends and provides some training materials and courses to help you prepare and pass this new version of AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam:
<u>Official Exam Guide</u> – At first, read the Official Exam Guide given on AWS website that contains exam information, blueprint, and recommended study material.
<u>AWS Training</u> – AWS offers 3 days instructor-driven training course on “Architecting on AWS”. This training course will help you understand the basics of how to design and deploy applications on AWS platform.
<u>AWS Whitepapers</u> – AWS recommended whitepapers are important resources to prepare for this exam. The whitepapers you should read are –
- Overview of Amazon Web Services
- AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
- AWS Security Best Practices
- AWS Storage Services Overview
<u>Sample Questions</u> – AWS provides a set of 10 sample questions to understand the pattern of exam and type of questions. It is recommended to go through these sample questions if you are preparing for this certification exam.
<u>AWS Free Tier</u> – Real-time experience is a must to pass AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam. If you haven’t worked on AWS services, sign up for AWS Free Tier and start playing with the services to gain real-time experience.
<u>AWS FAQs</u> – AWS presents a series of Frequently Asked Questions that will answer many of the questions hovering in your mind. These questions may be general or related to exam topic and will be helpful in your preparation. So, it is recommended to have a reading of these questions once.
<u>Practice Test</u> – Once you are done with your preparation, check your preparation level through AWS Practice Test. You can enroll for practice test by paying 20 USD and can access the same through AWS Certification Account.
That’s it! This is all about AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (Released February 2018) exam. The current version or say the old one will remain valid until August 2018 only. So, if you are planning to become a certified solutions architect – associate, go for the new version. As it’s the new version of the Solutions Architect – Associate exam, the above-mentioned detail will be very helpful for you. Prepare through AWS resources, read some good books, and it won’t be difficult to pass this certification.
Have a successful certified career ahead!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.