How many of you do only AWS for a living?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Johnbelley Johnbelley 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Johnbelley
    Johnbelley
    Participant

Meaning, your full time job is designing and / or managing AWS environments. If so, what does your job look like (i.e. What type of organization and what are your responsibilities?)

Alex
    Alex
    Participant

This doesn’t appear to be a throwaway account, and I understand that you need to be careful about what you say, but what are your thoughts about the blog posts and articles from a few years ago depicting Amazon as a place where “people cry at their desks” on a regular basis?

Johnbelley
    Johnbelley
    Participant

it’s a large company with a lot of variation. You’ll find similar levels of internal variation within any large employer (unless it is universally terrible). I clearly like it here as I joined Amazon back in 2005 and (except for a one-year hiatus) been with them since. Any other questions? I’ll answer what I can.

Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Great answer, thank you. I personally love the AWS ecosystem. I’m not looking for work, but your response makes me feel like it wouldn’t be crazy to consider AWS in the future.

Mason
    Mason
    Participant
    mine is not full time. i’d call it more like part time. but now it’s all i do, having retired early.
    Alex
    Alex
    Participant
    <p class=”yklcuq-10 hpxQMr”>How’d you get into it? Does it pay okay? Asking for a…me.</p>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Translate »