My Security Group is not visible in Oregon Zone when i create an EC2 instance

Home Community Forums Amazon Web Services Certifications AWS Certified Security โ€“ Specialty My Security Group is not visible in Oregon Zone when i create an EC2 instance

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Mathew George Mike Stephen 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mathew George
    Mathew George
    Participant

My Security Group is not visible in Oregon Zone when i create an EC2 instance

Melissa Stephen
    Melissa Stephen
    Participant

I think you need to check if you accidentally created this group in North Virginia Region. Sometime AWS console behaves this way.

Mathew George
    Mathew George
    Participant

They are definitely created in US West (Oregon) … Originally the SG was created in EU (London)

Saim Qadeer
    Saim Qadeer
    Participant

If the security group and EC2 instance are both built in the Oregon (us-west-2) region check what VPC both resources are associated with and if the VPC ids match. When creating a security group you’ll be prompted for selecting what VPC the SG will be used for – the resources in the same VPC as the SG will be able to use that security group.

Mathew George
    Mathew George
    Participant

The IDs are different, I just want to be clear , if I creted a SG in London and create an EC2 in Oregon, I should be able to use the SG created in London, right? In my case cannot do that.

Mike Stephen
    Mike Stephen
    Participant

I also had the same issue. So I am going with this assumption that Security Groups are associated to VPC and a VPC is limited to a Region.

Mike Stephen
    Mike Stephen
    Participant

Have to check whether the SG being used in the video was created in the same region in a past video.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Translate ยป